Thursday, October 18, 2007

Holy cow!


Has it really been that long since I posted?

That is just crazy.

Well, in all fairness the school year is off going at a whirl and my girlies are not eating the fine school lunches this year.

The national Student Lunch Program was begun in 1946 by President Truman. Lunches are supposed to meet basic guidelines, containing no more than 30% fat and must contain one third of the daily requirements for protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, iron, calcium, and calories. Of course I think that we still allow ketchup as a vegetable, but as it turns out that concept might be smarter than I would normally give Ronald Regan credit for... since the lycopene that is present in tomatos is far more concentrated in ketchup because it is made from tomate paste.

That being said, most school lunches are revolting. At my kids despised them... of course, being middle school/junior high girls they aren't interested in eating anything normal or healthy at the moment. So naturally every day there is an argument... I suppose they are better off eating bread and fruit then nothing...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home